Welcome ARMS Families!
This year promises to be an exciting one with our new Principal, Patty Bode.
About the ARMS PGO
The Amherst Regional Middle School Parent Guardian Organization (ARMS PGO) is a nonprofit organization whose membership includes all parents, legal guardians, and staff at the Amherst Regional Middle School. The PGO's mission is to create a supportive and welcoming community for students, their families, teachers, and administration by hosting events, organizing programs that foster a productive and positive environment, being a resource for information and engagement, and funding academic and community initiatives.
Who is the PGO?
The short answer is YOU! As a parent or guardian of an ARMS student, you are already a member of the PGO. You don't even have to come to a meeting (though we'd love to see you!).
What does the PGO do to achieve its goals?
- Plan events, such as our annual Welcome Back Picnic, that bring ARMS families together.
- Honor our wonderful ARMS teachers and staff at our annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
- Communicate with families through our weekly email, blog and team-specific emails.
- Award mini-grants to teachers and staff for programs and materials that help provide additional enrichment experiences for ARMS students.
- Distribute drinks and snacks to every ARMS student on each day of MCAS testing.
- Host quarterly Conversations with the Principal gatherings.
- Award and fund the ARMS Educator Award.
- Provide food and entertainment at the 8th grade end-of-the-year celebration at Mill River.
- Run fundraising events to support all of these.
How can I help?
In order to build a strong community, we need many perspectives many hands, some new ideas and people willing to implement those ideas. You can make all the difference! Please consider volunteering our time and creativity and/or making a financial contribution to the PGO. We will put 100% of your donation to good use for our school and our kids and all donations are tax deductible.
- If you would like to volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations may be sent to: ARMS PGO, 170 Chestnut St., Amherst, MA 01002. Please make checks payable to ARMS PGO.
- The ARMS PGO blog can be found at http://armspgo.blogspot.com/